Friday, March 4, 2011

Holy Calamity


"Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind."
-C.S. Lewis

It is safe to say that if not for the Holy Spirit in my life, I would be nothing more than a decrepit shell; a hollow box whose purpose was lost with its contents, and forgotten as swiftly as it's structure dilapidates. The only purpose I have is in the Lord. The only validity I can claim is through atonement. It is not merely vindication that blood has brought me, but authentication to go and live a vindicated life. There are days when the money is stacked no higher than the rubbers of my shoes. There are days that hold nothing more than reminders of bills and decisions masked with feigned importance, tricking me into thinking I should sacrifice sleep in exchange for worrying them away. There are days that I look at Job and envy his disposition. There are days that are simply emotive for no reason. Regardless of what these days hold, I still find joy in repentance. I may not be happy every day but I am nonetheless joyful. Rest in peace Bob. You were a wonderful man who a handful of us had the pleasure of knowing. You will be missed. You will not be forgotten. And you are most certainly still loved.

Robert Bigoness, 1929 - 2011

1 comment:

  1. please tell me more about this man when you are able

    ReplyDelete