Monday, April 11, 2011

Full Time. Monday.


Picture Me Rolling

I am the first to admit that I am guilty of forgetting a various many things throughout my daily life. I forget appointments. I forget birthdays. I forget anything that is not written out with specific instruction and pinned to my lapel. I am the proverbial school-boy who cannot be trusted with any sort of responsibility so the instructor is forced to call my mom/dad/fiance/caretaker to ensure that the required task will be somehow completed and hopefully near to the deadline. However, I will also be the first to hold others accountable for their forgetfulness. Let me clarify that I do not mean to say that I hold grudges over forgotten obligations or berate over unavoidable shortcomings. I simply mean to say that, as followers of a sovereign savior, we are called to remember, acknowledge, and profess the salvation we know and the process that unfolded to lead up to said salvation. Jesus' own disciples were confused at the resurrection of Jesus. His own people had forgotten that He must die and then rise. What and how much do you forget? Paul asserts that we must pay careful attention to the beautiful, unparalleled miracle that is our atonement so that we do not fade away. So, you are given a choice: Shape the frick up and focus or fade away.


Here's a user-made video for an awesome Cloud Cult song:

No comments:

Post a Comment