Thursday, January 20, 2011

Abby's Neck




I have just been informed that my dog (back home) had to be taken to an Emergency Clinic because somehow she cut her neck while my parents weren't home. She had to be put under and they had to do some tissue repair. She currently has a scar about 8 inches long with a drainage tube. She is on pain killers. My dad came home and found her bleeding and then he and my mom had to race to the closest clinic, which is about 45 miles away. My dad drove while my mom held Abby and tried to keep pressure on the cut. I wasn't there, but it sounds pretty intense. I know she's just a dog but you know how pets become part of the family. Kind of scary.
I'm drinking Earl Grey tea and listening to Son Volt and trying to pretend that the health/well-being of an animal doesn't effect my mood. I'm not doing a very good job, I think. To lighten the mood I've attached this video. If you don't know Son Volt, you should. When Uncle Tupelo broke up in 1994, Jeff Tweedy formed Wilco and Jay Farrar formed Son Volt. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment